Ann K. Kittredge Papers
Scope and Content
The collection includes the following items:
1. Letter to "Nellie", signed "Katie", from her "Prairie home", 21 Feb. 1852.
2. Compositions, all dated 1854: Chronicles 19:1; "A Chapter of Chronicles"; "Stray Leaf fr. a Teachers Diary!"; "Love is not always clothed in light!"; and "Would you be a Genius?"
3. Constitution of F.A.F., a society "for the promotion of kindly feelings and mutual goodwill", printed pamphlet, n.d.
4. "Recorded Items", printed tissue broadside of WFS rules.
Ann Katherine Kittredge was born on February 15, 1834, in Bradford, Pennsylvania, to Dr. Aaron and Martha Kittredge. She attended Wheaton Seminary from December 1852 to 1854, and was apparently called "Kate" while a student. She taught at Wheaton the following year. Ann married John Nicholas Taylor on January 13, 1858 and they had three children Philip, Kate, and Elizabeth. Ann taught at a Female Seminary in Kingston, Rhode Island.
0.1 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Processed by: Ashley Kuhn, W09, November 2008
Encoded using Archivist Toolkit: Hanna Juergens, W13, July 2012
Encoding edited by: Megan Wheaton-Book, Assistant Archivist, October 2012
- Inventory of the Ann K. Kittredge Writings
- Ashley Kuhn W09
- November 12, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script