Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Azubah Capen papers contain semi-monthly reports for the subjects of Arithmetic and Physiology and a monthly report from January 12 to February 12 1865. A receipt of payment is uncluded for the incidental, library, and pew tax as well as board, fuel, and light totaling $68.75. Four letters of correspondence sent to Mr. Henry Capen, Azubah Capen's father, are part of her papers with dates ranging from 1865-1868. The final part of this collection of papers is a composition by Azubah G. Capen...
Abstract The Lucy Larcom Papers include 2 diaries, Nov. 1859-Aug. 1862; commonplace books, 1859-1867; herbaria; class books and grade book, 1859-1861; rhetoric notes, 1855 and 1857; correspondence with mother, John Greenleaf Whittier and his sister, Mrs. A.D.T.Whitney, and others, 1840s-1890s; paintings; clothing; manuscript poems and the Semi-centennial Sketch of Wheaton Seminary; Kansas Prize Song printed on handkerchief (1855); photographs Larcom owned; articles, obituaries, memorials; genealogical...
- Subject: Women teachers -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Biography X
- Curtis, Azubah Gay Capen (Mrs. Elliot Augustine) (Class of 1868) 1
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 1
- Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893 (Wheaton English Lit. Tchr 1855-1867) 1
- Wheaton Seminary (Norton, MA) 1
- Whitney, A. D. T. (Adeline Dutton Train), 1824-1906 (Poet, novelist) 1