Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents This Small Manuscript Collection consists of the nineteenth-century papers of the Emerson family of Massachusetts. The Emersons were deeply involved in Wheaton's educational project: Martha Vose Emerson served as Seminary Principal from 1840-1842. Alfred Emerson served as treasurer of the school as well as trustee. Annie Austin Emerson and Francis Vose Emerson were alumnae, and Frances later served as trustee. Emerson Dining Hall is named for this family. The materials span the entire...
Dates: 1802 - 1910
Overview The collection includes materials collected by Martha Sawyer Holmers. The collection includes letters and reports on Wheaton Seminary. The main focus of the collection is Martha Sawyer Holmes' time at Wheaton as the principal from 1842-1846.The collection spans the years of 1839-1946.
- Subject: Wheaton Female Seminary -- Principals -- reports X
- Emerson, Alfred, Rev. (Wheaton Treasurer, Trustee, 1872-93) 1
- Emerson, Annie Austin (Class of 1871) 1
- Emerson, Frances Vose (Class of 1872, Wheaton Trustee 1922-42) 1
- Emerson, Joseph, Rev., 1777-1833 (Founder, Byfield [Female] Seminary; Teacher of Mary Lyon) 1
- Emerson, Nancy Eaton, 1779-1804 (Pupil, fiancée and wife of Rev. Joseph Emerson) 1