Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content This small manuscript collection contains papers that belonged to Eleanor Kendall Abbott, including the correspondence of her family members during 1891. The collection contains Dr. S.W. Abbott's professional correspondence concerning the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' State Board of Health. It also includes letters from Dr. Abbott to his family while he was in Europe as well as letters to Dr. Abbott from his sister Mary and his children.
Abstract The Lucy Larcom Papers include 2 diaries, Nov. 1859-Aug. 1862; commonplace books, 1859-1867; herbaria; class books and grade book, 1859-1861; rhetoric notes, 1855 and 1857; correspondence with mother, John Greenleaf Whittier and his sister, Mrs. A.D.T.Whitney, and others, 1840s-1890s; paintings; clothing; manuscript poems and the Semi-centennial Sketch of Wheaton Seminary; Kansas Prize Song printed on handkerchief (1855); photographs Larcom owned; articles, obituaries, memorials; genealogical...
Abstract Mary J. Lincoln's biographical information includes various biographies, family newsletters, and information about her relatives Jane Eliza Woodbury and Mary E. Bailey.
Dates: 1838-1996; 1982 - 1996
- Subject: Family history X
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 2
- Abbott, Eleanor Kendall (Class of 1925) 1
- Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893 (Wheaton English Lit. Tchr 1855-1867) 1
- Mary Johnson Bailey (Mrs. David A.) Lincoln (Class of 1864) 1
- Whitney, A. D. T. (Adeline Dutton Train), 1824-1906 (Poet, novelist) 1