Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Collection — Box: 1
Overview A. Howard Meneely papers focus on Alexander Howard Meneely, his interactions and achievements of Wheaton College and his academic/writing pursuits. The documents in the series span the years of 1918-2002, with the bulk dates being from 1940-1960. The bulk dates, 1940-1960 is the time frame before Meneely became President at Wheaton and his term at Wheaton. These papers contain his publications, newspaper clippings, inauguration details, hospital and insurance bills, correspondence letters, ...
Dates: 1918-2002; 1940 - 1961
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 22
Scope and Content The collection includes the following items: 1. Letter to "Nellie", signed "Katie", from her "Prairie home", 21 Feb. 1852. 2. Compositions, all dated 1854: Chronicles 19:1; "A Chapter of Chronicles"; "Stray Leaf fr. a Teachers Diary!"; "Love is not always clothed in light!"; and "Would you be a Genius?" 3. Constitution of F.A.F., a society "for the...
Scope and Contents Anne F. Freeman Aldrich reports contain semi-monthly reports for the subjects of arithmetic, physical geography, ancient history, grammar, National history, algebra, history, English literature, botany, geometry, chemistry and geology 1874-1876. The monthly reports dated 1872 and 1873 include scores on order of room, order of wardrobe, care of health, promptness, accuracy in accounts, deportment, spelling, and music. Another part of Anne F. Freeman reports is her Fall Term 1874...
Scope and Contents Azubah Capen papers contain semi-monthly reports for the subjects of Arithmetic and Physiology and a monthly report from January 12 to February 12 1865. A receipt of payment is uncluded for the incidental, library, and pew tax as well as board, fuel, and light totaling $68.75. Four letters of correspondence sent to Mr. Henry Capen, Azubah Capen's father, are part of her papers with dates ranging from 1865-1868. The final part of this collection of papers is a composition by Azubah G. Capen...
Scope and Contents This collection contains information regarding Beryl Proctor Fenstemacher's family life. It also contains correspondence with Wheaton individuals from 1940 to 1989, scrapbooks, photograph albums, articles and pictures within Wheaton publications regarding or written by Beryl, photographs of Beryl during and after her Wheaton College career, clothing worn by Beryl at her wedding to William Fenstemacher, her contributions to the Wheaton Annual Fund, correspondence written to Wheaton staff, and...
Dates: 1922-1999; 1960 - 1990
Scope and Contents The collection contains an introduction to the writings of Elizabeth B. Stoddard from 1949-1966 and a typescript biography of Elizabeth written by Robert Cantwell of Sherman, CT. Mr. Cantwell made corrections in ink on the typescript.
Scope and Contents The collection includes compositions written by Emeline W. Richards while at Wheaton Seminary. The collection spans the years 1852-53.
Abstract Harriet E. Paine's Papers includes published and unpublished manuscripts focusing on classical works and abolition. Paine's collection also has correspondence to William Lord regarding the Civil War, Samuel Austin Chapin (brother of Eliza Baylies Wheaton), and Wheaton College President Dr. Samuel V. Cole concerning Wheaton Seminary's War efforts circa 1915.
Dates: 1861-1915; 1905 - 1915
Scope and Contents
Lydia Dorman's correspondence includes three letters to her father expressing her desire to become a teacher, and a letter to her brother, Joseph, asking about home. Both letters were written in 1851 and 1852.
Scope and Contents Mary A. James writings are made up of compositions written by Mary A. James while at the Seminary, that include: “Why was the World Made so Beautiful?;” “The Thoughts of Youth are Long, Long Thoughts;” “The Meaning of Dreams;” “Earth;” “Discipline;” “Twilight;” “Sir Isaac Newton;” “The Study of the Face;” “No Sin, No sorrow;” “Principles of the Primary Rainbow;” “Old Books and Libraries;” and “Shadows.” Four untitled compositions include topics of a little child, the author Southey, a little...
- Subject: Education. X
- Laban Wheaton, Judge, 1754-1846 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 2
- Mary Lyon, 1797-1849 (American women's educator) 2
- Samuel Austin Chapin, 1811-1890 (Wheaton Trustee, 1890) 2
- Samuel Valentine Cole, Rev. Dr., 1851-1925 (Wheaton President, 1897-1925) 2
- Wheaton Seminary (Norton, MA) 2
- Aldrich, Annie Florence Freeman (Attended Wheaton 1871-1876) 1
- Briggs, Walter A., Judge (Attleboro, MA, judge) 1
- Cabot, Emeline W. Richards (Attended Wheaton 1851-1853) 1
- Curtis, Azubah Gay Capen (Class of 1868) 1
- Dahlen, Alice Washburn 1
- Dix, Dorothea Lynde, 1802-1887 (American author and activist) 1
- Fenstemacher, Beryl Proctor (Class of 1926) 1
- Fenstemacher, William "Bill" 1
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879 (American abolitionist, journalist, and social reformer) 1
- Highland House. Highland (NC) 1
- Highlands, NC 1
- Jessie Leland Hunt Foster (Class of 1899) 1
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 1
- Kempton, Anna B. (Attended Wheaton 1842-1844) 1
- Kimball, Frederick M. 1
- Laban Morey Wheaton, 1796-1865 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 1
- Lawson, Charles L. , Col. (Transcribed Sarah Jarvis letters) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 (President of the United States) 1
- Lydia J. Dorman (Attended Wheaton 1851-1853) 1
- Mary Abigail Chapin Smith (Mary Abigail "Abbie") (Class of 1873) 1
- Mary Adela James Allen (Attended Wheaton 1857-1859) 1
- Mary Eastman Bachelder (Class of 1873) 1
- Mary Johnson Bailey Lincoln (Class of 1864) 1
- McMahon, Edward (Professor) 1
- Mount Holyoke College 1
- Norton. (Mass) 1
- Paine, Harriet E. (Harriet Eliza), 1845-1910 (Class of 1862, author) 1
- Park, William E., 1909-1987 (Pres. of Simmons College) 1
- Paul Jaspersohn, Mrs. 1
- Peter H. Odegard, 1901-1966 (Professor) 1
- Raymond B. Allen, Dr., 1902-1986 (Univ. of Washington President) 1
- Robert Cantwell (Biographer) 1
- Robert Frost, 1874-1963 (Poet) 1
- Santa Clara (CA.) 1
- Sarah "Sally" Amelia Jarvis Whited (Attended Wheaton 1842-43) 1
- Sarah Kempton Parker (Attended Wheaton 1842-1844) 1
- Spieseke, Alice Winifred, Miss, 1899-1991 1
- Sterling Alam (Donor & MS. coll. creator) 1
- Stoddard, Elizabeth Drew Barstow, 1823-1902 (Attended Wheaton 1840-1841, Amer. poet & novelist) 1
- Strong, Elizabeth "Eliza" Frances Wheaton, 1795-1834 (Wheaton Female Seminary founded in her memory) 1
- Susan Hayes, 1838-1924 Ward (Attended Wheaton 1853-1855) 1
- Taylor, Ann Katherine Kittredge (Attended Wheaton 1852-1854) 1
- Thomas Woodrow Wilson, 1856-1924 (President of the U.S.) 1
- Towle, Eunice Makepeace, c. 1806-1894 (Portrait painter) 1
- Trinitarian Congregational Church (Norton, MA) 1
- Wading River Manufacturing & Canal Company (founded 1837) 1
- Wheaton College. Office of the President (Norton, MA) 1
- Wheaton Female Seminary (Norton, MA) 1
- Wheaton Manufacturing Co. 1
- Wheaton, Eliza Baylies Chapin, 1809-1905 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 1
- Wheaton, Fanny Morey, 1764-1849 (Wheaton Seminary founder) 1
- Wheaton, George, Dr., 1728-1803 (Father of Judge Laban Wheaton) 1 ∧ less