Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content This small manuscript collection consists of 31 diaries and account books kept by members of the Alexander family, covering 1908-1965. It includes 23 diaries and 1 account book kept by Ernest C. Alexander, covering 1908-1965; 5 diaries by Ethna F. Alexander, covering 1950-1957; and 1 diary by Robert Alexander, from 1936. Another diary in the collection is from 1946 appears as though it belongs to someone named Joyce.Ernest Alexander's entries are scattered. Some of his early...
Scope and Content This manuscript collection contains the diary of a Boston woman who appears to be unmarried and living with her family, covering 1852-1855, scattered. The woman records her work mending men’s coats and domestic obligations, her social engagements, her family’s activities, and occasionally refers to larger events, such as the death of Daniel Webster. Less than half of the diary is filled with entries.
Dates: 1852, 1854, 1855
Scope and Content This small manuscript collection includes Dr. Elisabeth Amen's correspondence, professional documents, publications, pay information, and diary. It covers 1925-1968.It includes correspondence regarding the psychology department, the nursery school, and Dr. Amen's relationships with colleagues. Much of the correspondence is between Dr. Amen and the president's office. It includes notes on interviews between Dr. Amen and President J. Edgar Park, as well as correspondence between Dr....
Abstract The collection is comprised of papers, images, and objects collected by or given to Emily Hartwell and her family. The collection spans the years 1800-1949 with some undated papers, images, and objects. These materials related to Chinese culture were collected while the family served as missionaries in Foochow (Fuzhou) China. Parts of the collection are written or printed in Chinese. A later addition to the collection was donated by the Religious Association and contains records...
Abstract The Lucy Larcom Papers include 2 diaries, Nov. 1859-Aug. 1862; commonplace books, 1859-1867; herbaria; class books and grade book, 1859-1861; rhetoric notes, 1855 and 1857; correspondence with mother, John Greenleaf Whittier and his sister, Mrs. A.D.T.Whitney, and others, 1840s-1890s; paintings; clothing; manuscript poems and the Semi-centennial Sketch of Wheaton Seminary; Kansas Prize Song printed on handkerchief (1855); photographs Larcom owned; articles, obituaries, memorials; genealogical...
Scope and Content This collection consists of a diary that chronicles the work of a young woman named Mary Ann Ashbridge during the annual cycle of running a household and dairy farm in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Having a chance to sit down, even for a few moments, was so rare that Mary Ann noted it in her diary. She was one of a number of young women and girls at home, and their activities are also described. Members of the household travel to Chester and West Chester, Pennsylvania as well as Wilmington,...
Abstract The Wheaton Family Collection covers the years 1721-2009. The bulk of the collection relates to the years 1779-1905. The collection shows the activities of an affluent family in the small town of Norton, MA. Laban Morey Wheaton and Eliza Baylies Chapin Wheaton were both active in the community, and established Wheaton Female Seminary. Eliza Baylies Chapin Wheaton contributed a great deal to the town of Norton by helping to renovate the Trinitarian Congregational Church and building the...
Dates: 1721-1994; 1779 - 1905
- Subject: Diaries X
- Alexander, Ernest C. 1
- Alexander, Ethna F. 1
- Amen, Elisabeth Wheeler (Wheaton Prof. of Psych.& Educ., Founding Dir. of Nursery School) 1
- Boston (Mass.) 1
- Chinese 1
- Fuzhou Shi (Fujian Sheng, China) 1
- Hartwell, C. (Charles), Rev., 1825-1905 1
- Hartwell, Emily Susan, 1859-1951 (Class of 1883, A.M. 1922; Missionary in China) 1
- Highland House. Highland (NC) 1
- Highlands, NC 1
- Hong Kong (China) 1
- Jessie Leland Hunt Foster (Class of 1899) 1
- John Edgar Park, 1879-1956 (Wheaton President, 1926-1944) 1
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 1
- Laban Morey Wheaton, 1796-1865 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 1
- Laban Wheaton, Judge, 1754-1846 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 1
- Lucy Estabrook Stearns Hartwell (Assistant Teacher 1849-1851) 1
- Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893 (Wheaton English Lit. Tchr 1855-1867) 1
- Mary Abigail Chapin Smith (Mary Abigail "Abbie") (Class of 1873) 1
- Mary Ann Ashbridge 1
- Mary Lyon, 1797-1849 (American women's educator) 1
- Norton. (Mass) 1
- Robert Alexander 1
- Samuel Austin Chapin, 1811-1890 (Wheaton Trustee, 1890) 1
- Samuel Valentine Cole, Rev. Dr., 1851-1925 (Wheaton President, 1897-1925) 1
- Santa Clara (CA.) 1
- Strong, Elizabeth "Eliza" Frances Wheaton, 1795-1834 (Wheaton Female Seminary founded in her memory) 1
- Towle, Eunice Makepeace, c. 1806-1894 (Portrait painter) 1
- Trinitarian Congregational Church (Norton, MA) 1
- Wading River Manufacturing & Canal Company (founded 1837) 1
- Wheaton College (Norton, Mass.) 1
- Wheaton College. Office of the President (Norton, MA) 1
- Wheaton Female Seminary (Norton, MA) 1
- Wheaton Manufacturing Co. 1
- Wheaton Seminary (Norton, MA) 1
- Wheaton, Eliza Baylies Chapin, 1809-1905 (Founder of Wheaton Female Seminary) 1
- Wheaton, Fanny Morey, 1764-1849 (Wheaton Seminary founder) 1
- Wheaton, George, Dr., 1728-1803 (Father of Judge Laban Wheaton) 1
- Whitney, A. D. T. (Adeline Dutton Train), 1824-1906 (Poet, novelist) 1
- Whittier, Elizabeth H. (Elizabeth Hussey), 1815-1864 (Sister of John Greenleaf Whittier) 1
- Yanjing da xue (Yenching University) 1 ∧ less