Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Ellen M. Smith Clippings contain a compilation of newspaper clippings about her shell collection. Also included in the clippings is a published letter to the editor of The Telegram written by Smith concerning small attendance at Church as well as an article she wrote entitled “Communications” regarding the importance of teachers in teaching morals. The clippings span the years 1897-1905.
Abstract The Lucy Larcom Papers include 2 diaries, Nov. 1859-Aug. 1862; commonplace books, 1859-1867; herbaria; class books and grade book, 1859-1861; rhetoric notes, 1855 and 1857; correspondence with mother, John Greenleaf Whittier and his sister, Mrs. A.D.T.Whitney, and others, 1840s-1890s; paintings; clothing; manuscript poems and the Semi-centennial Sketch of Wheaton Seminary; Kansas Prize Song printed on handkerchief (1855); photographs Larcom owned; articles, obituaries, memorials; genealogical...
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) -- 19th century X
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 1
- Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893 (Wheaton English Lit. Tchr 1855-1867) 1
- Smith, Ellen "Nellie" M. Grout (Class of 1861) 1
- Whitney, A. D. T. (Adeline Dutton Train), 1824-1906 (Poet, novelist) 1
- Whittier, Elizabeth H. (Elizabeth Hussey), 1815-1864 (Sister of John Greenleaf Whittier) 1