Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Harriet E. Paine's Papers includes published and unpublished manuscripts focusing on classical works and abolition. Paine's collection also has correspondence to William Lord regarding the Civil War, Samuel Austin Chapin (brother of Eliza Baylies Wheaton), and Wheaton College President Dr. Samuel V. Cole concerning Wheaton Seminary's War efforts circa 1915.
Dates: 1861-1915; 1905 - 1915
Abstract The Lucy Larcom Papers include 2 diaries, Nov. 1859-Aug. 1862; commonplace books, 1859-1867; herbaria; class books and grade book, 1859-1861; rhetoric notes, 1855 and 1857; correspondence with mother, John Greenleaf Whittier and his sister, Mrs. A.D.T.Whitney, and others, 1840s-1890s; paintings; clothing; manuscript poems and the Semi-centennial Sketch of Wheaton Seminary; Kansas Prize Song printed on handkerchief (1855); photographs Larcom owned; articles, obituaries, memorials; genealogical...
- Subject: Abolitionists X
- Dix, Dorothea Lynde, 1802-1887 (American author and activist) 1
- Garrison, William Lloyd, 1805-1879 (American abolitionist, journalist, and social reformer) 1
- John Greenleaf Whittier, 1807-1892 (American poet & abolitionist) 1
- Lucy Larcom, 1824-1893 (Wheaton English Lit. Tchr 1855-1867) 1
- Paine, Harriet E. (Harriet Eliza), 1845-1910 (Class of 1862, author) 1
- Samuel Austin Chapin, 1811-1890 (Wheaton Trustee, 1890) 1
- Samuel Valentine Cole, Rev. Dr., 1851-1925 (Wheaton President, 1897-1925) 1
- Whitney, A. D. T. (Adeline Dutton Train), 1824-1906 (Poet, novelist) 1
- Whittier, Elizabeth H. (Elizabeth Hussey), 1815-1864 (Sister of John Greenleaf Whittier) 1 ∧ less